Resilience and Robustness in ATM
Agenda of the workshop:
- Terminology framework
- What are the various definitions of resilience and robustness? (Includes a short introduction of the terminology used and modelling approach proposed in Resilience 2050).
- How can we qualify and quantify resilience and robustness? What framework and suitable formulations/measures should we use for the evaluation of both system properties specifically in the ATM context?
- “Point of view”
- How can we link this evaluation with the SESAR performance scheme? Which KPAs are directly relevant in this context?
- Assessment of performance indicators and their particular interdependencies, including those between stakeholders, given by experts with a practical background.
- In order to assess the boundaries of a particular modelled ATM system, what minimum level of detail should be considered when modelling?
- Suitable approaches to model a simplified ATM system as a social-technical at one level of detail that is applied holistically.
- How can we combine or use aspects of different approaches like simulation environments (e.g. AirTOp) and detailed models of complex social interaction w.r.t. safety aspects (e.g. work by NLR)?
- What data are currently available to carry out some quantitative case study assessments and what data would be required (which are not yet available) to enable other case studies of key interest?
- “Time horizons”
- Is cost the only workable common unit for KPI trade-offs and how do we assess strategic versus tactical trade-offs?
- Identification of missing topics.