DSIAW2015 - Data Science In Aviation Workshop 2015
After the first (Madrid 2013), and the second (Bretigny 2014) successful editions, the third workshop on Data Science in Aviation took place in Brussels, 8th April 2015 in Eurocontrol Headquarters, organized by the ComplexWorld Network – the long-term research network supported by SESAR and coordinated by Innaxis. Thank you to all the close to 80 participants for such a successful and proactive workshop!
The event was coorganized in tandem with the ComplexWorld "Complexity Challenges and Opportunitites in SESAR2020", who took place the day before in the same location.
The following is the agenda together with the public presentations of the event:
09:30-09.45 Introduction by David Perez, Innaxis
9:45-10:45 DataScience infrastructure in ATM. Defining the challenges for Big Data infrastructure in Air Transport:
- Samuel Cristobal, Innaxis (Chairman-facilitator)
- Ivan Martinovic,Univ. Oxford & OpenSky network. Realities and challenges of Air Traffic Data Networks:Insights from OpenSky
10:45-11:15 Coffee break
11:15-12:45 Data Science applications in ATM: Enhancing Safety Intelligence and Efficiency
- Massimiliano Zanin, Innaxis (Chairman-facilitator)
- Juan Moya, ATCO Barcelona "operational use of downlink aircraft parameters (DAPs). An ATC perspective
14:00-15:00 Data Visualization. Visualization techniques supporting data-driven knowledge extraction.
- Justin Lyon, Simudyne CEO. Application of hybrid simulation models with engaging visualisation for better-informed decisions in ATM
15:15-15:45 Research Networks in SESAR: