The first ComplexWorld Annual Conference was a forum for Air Traffic Management scientists and PhD students, Complexity Science researchers and the ComplexWorld Network community, including Members and Participants and SESAR WP-E investigators.
The Conference focused on new concepts and developments in areas aligned with the WP-E research theme ‘Mastering Complex Systems Safely’ which explores how Complexity Science can contribute to understand, model, and ultimately drive and optimise the behaviour and the evolution of the ATM system that emerges from the complex relationships between its different elements.
- Sherry Borener, Federal Aviation Administration: "Complexity and safety performance: Will circular accident causality emerge as a result of NextGen and Sesar". Download the presentation here.
- Stefano Boccaletti, Center for Biomedical Technology and CNR-Istituto dei Sistemi Complessi: "Networking dynamics in complex architectures: a new paradigm to discover information in biological and technological systems". Download the presentation here.
Complexity Science/ATM Presentations
- Richard Alligier & Mohammad Ghasemi, DSNA/DTI/R&D, France: "Ground-based prediction of aircraft climb: point-mass model vs regression methods". Download the presentation here.
- Jelmer J. Scholte, National Aerospace Laboratory NLR: "An investigation of emergent behaviour definitions in literature, and their usability in Air Traffic Management". Download the presentation here.
- Dr. Fredrick Barcheus, KTH: "In Need of a Model for Complexity Assessment of Highly Automated Human Machine Systems". Download presentation here.
- Prof. Benedetto Scoppola, Universita degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca, Universita degli Studi di Roma: "Out-of-equilibrium effects for queueing system with pre-scheduled random arrivals". Download the presentation here.
- Urban Weisshaar, Lufthansa Systems: "The challenge for future flight planning: The 4D business trajectory". (Please contact U.Weisshaar directly to request a copy: urban.weisshaar[at]lhsystems.com)
WP-E PhD Presentations
- Andreas Heidt, Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg: "Uncertainty Models for Optimal and Robust ATM Schedules". Download presentation here.
- Ernestina Menasalvas & Massimiliano Zanin, Universidad Politecnica de Madrid: "Identification and Analysis of Hidden Safety Patterns". Download Part 2 presentation by E.Menasalvas here.
- Jose Javier Ramasco, Universitat Illes Balears-IFISC: "Analysis of Air Transport using Complex Networks".
- Nataliya Mogles, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam: "Modelling Interlevel Relations within ATM" . Download presentation here.
- Manuela Sauer, University of Hannover: "Intelligent modelling the impact of unpredictable adverse weather on ATM performance". Download the presentation here.