2012 Tutorial Session
The Tutorials Session had its origin in the First ComplexWorld Annual Workshop celebrated in Seville in 2011. After that event, the Network decided to organize annual tutorials sessions for its PhD students. The tutorials sessions aim at bringing together key speakers in different areas of research, in which we aim to gain additional knowledge from their expertise. The topics are carefully selected so as to be very relevant for the scope of the network and for the PhD students.
For the 2012 edition, the ComplexWorld Network decided to organize the tutorials around the topics depicted at the following table. Tutorials took place in TU Delft facilities on the 21th of June, 2013, within the 2012 Air Transportation Systems Conferences.
The agenda for this session was the following (Time, Topic/title, Speaker)
- 9:00 - 10:00 Emergent behavior in traffic and human mobility, Armando Bazzani Presentation
- 10:00 - 11:00 Non-classical and complex performance metrics: Measuring ATM performance, current status and area for future research Philippe Enaud Presentation
- 11:00- 11:30 Coffee break
- 11:30- 12:30 Robustness: Robustness in Transportation Planning Juan Mesa Presentation
- 12:30 - 13:30 Complex Data Analysis: Taking Variability in Data into Account: Symbolic Data Analysis Paula M. De Brito Presentation
- 13:30 - 14:30 Lunch
- 14:30 - 15:30 Uncertainty: Characterization and Quantification of Uncertainty in Air Traffic Management Banavar Shridar Presentation
- 15:30 - 16:00 Conclusions and closure